Monday, December 7, 2020

006: Teeny Tuesday 3

There was some discussion lately about the inclusion of non-English words in a crossword puzzle. The consensus was that if most of the world is bilingual or is expected to be so, why shouldn't Americans as well. This discussion led to the inspiration of my seed word for this crossword and I clued it in a way that should hopefully be fun and interesting.

I tossed out roughly half of the original clues of this puzzle since they just weren't clicking with me. I'm glad I did, because I find the replaced clues much more enjoyable than their predecessors. Part of this was caused by feedback I received on last week's Teeny Tuesday. I was presented with the question, "does this clue make me interested in looking up more information about it?" I took that feedback to heart and hopefully it shows in future clue writing.

Enjoy!
Jac


No comments:

Post a Comment